Accredited Advisor in Insurance
The Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI) designation provides in-depth insurance knowledge and strong customer service focus to give insurance professionals a competitive edge in today's marketplace.
The designation is earned by taking three modules (with three classes each) and completing the exams (given in class) and an online Ethics course (no exam).
What AAI can do for you:
- Provides practical marketing tips
- Gives producers an edge in the fierce competition for premium dollars
- Describes policies and coverages in detail
- Combines technical knowledge of coverages with sales expertise and apply them to actual sales situations
- Helps producers to avoid errors and omissions claims
- Analyzes sales-management techniques that help the producer to meet the needs of insurance buyers
- Outlines agency management methods and explain how to apply them to agency operations
- Helps agents and brokers with personal sales planning activities
- Describes the information an underwriter needs to evaluate and competitively price a submission
- CE credit
- AAI 83 exam satisfies the Related Studies requirement of the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU®) program.
Who should get the AAI designation?
AAI® program is designed for producers to acquaint agents, brokers and customer service personnel with the major coverages that generate more than 90 percent of most agencies’ premium volume. It also deals with marketing management and agency operations and would be of value to company employees who work with producers.
The AAI program was developed by the Insurance Institute of America (IIA) and the Independent Insurance Agents of America. It is a practical, concise program that was produced by education specialists with agency experience.
Topics covered in AAI 81 module, one of three modules required to earn the Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI) designation.
Topics covered in AAI 83 module, of the three modules required to earn the Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI) designation.