$185 members/ $225 nonmembers (each session). Take one or both days. Lunch is included. Details below.
Agency Perpetuation Planning Workshop
April 1, Columbia,
filed for 6 hrs. P&C
Whether you are the sole owner of your agency or have a partner, you should attend this class. If you are a buyer or potential agency buyer, you should definitely attend this class.
All agency owners need to consider what will happen to the agency in the event of their death, disability or retirement. Should you sell it to a family member, an employee, your partner, or someone else? How much should you expect to be paid? Whats the process and when should you get started? Do you have a comprehensive Shareholders Agreement?
If you are thinking about buying an agency, you need to understand the sellers perspective, the items you should consider in making an offer, and what data you need to collect.
Hiring, Managing & Evaluating Insurance Agency Personnel
April 2, Columbia,
filed for 6 hrs. P&C
The biggest resource (and expense) an Insurance Agency has is its staff. Poor hiring decisions can be disastrous. How do you hire the right person the first time? This class will provide you with important insight as to:
- Determining the right number of employees and what you want them to do
- How to develop good job descriptions
- How to locate candidates and what to look for on employment applications
- What questions you should (and shouldnt) ask during an interview process
- Understanding the various federal employment laws
- Reference checking and testing candidates
- Training and evaluating your employees
- Ways to compensate your employees
- When and how to terminate employees that don't work out
Workshop led by: Jon Persky, CPA, CIC, PHR
Jon is the President of
Optimum Performance Solutions, LLC, a company that provides management consulting services on a nationwide basis to insurance agencies and carriers. The firm specializes in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, agency valuation, sales and marketing, compensation planning, perpetuation planning, and workflow analysis.
Clients range from small mom & pop type agencies to regional banks to divisions of Fortune 100 companies. Jon and his company are also endorsed by several state insurance associations including IIABSC. Jon is also the author of several books on agency operations and management.