Just in time for the 2021 hurricane season, this NEW course will highlight the important information agents need to understand about two vital coverages for all clients - flood insurance and wind & hail coverage. The first part of the day will provide the participants with a more advanced look at issues concerning National Flood Insurance Program. The second half of the day is a comprehensive look at the SC Wind and Hail Underwriting Association.
Advanced Flood Insurance Seminar
Filed for 3 hours P&C
This class will provide the participants with a more advanced look at issues concerning National Flood Insurance including:
- A complete review of Elevation Certificates, including diagram numbers and examples.
- A-Zone and V Zone Rating Factors including proper openings, enclosures, map revisions and datum conversion.
- Submit for Rate Definition and Process Coverage limitations in elevated buildings.
- The impact of Biggert-Waters 2012 and the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2014.
- Update on Risk Rating 2.0
Instructor: Tammy Goodman, Selective Flood, SC Territory Manager for Selective Flood.
Wind & Hail Seminar
Filed for 3 hours of P&C
This class will provide participants with an overview of the SC Wind and Hail Underwriting Association and the service it provides including:
- Market conditions and how they effect the SCWHUA book of business
- Coverages available
- Underwriting guidelines
- Loss scale
- Insurance to Value
- How to avoid delays in placing coverage
- Claims reporting and handling procedures
Instructor: Anna L. Batchler, MS, CPCU, AAI, AIC, AINS, AIS, API, ARe, ARM, AU, SCWHUA Underwriting Manager