On June 29, about 75 independent agents, company reps and their guests braved the heat for a game of golf at the Orangeburg Country Club and to raise money for the Young Agents Scholarship Fund. See below for final results. We did not hold a long drive, closest to the pin or putt for cash contests. Gift cards were mailed to winners.
View Final Results at
golfgenius.com. Sign in using the GGID: IIABSCYIA
1st Place - Preferred Specialty Team
Bobby Bryant, Jack Griffith, Andrew Nason, David Weber
2nd Place - Johnson & Johnson Team
Bay Amrhein, Grayson King, Lee Songer, Jay Taylor
3rd Place - Mappus team
Griffin Morrow, Andrew Muller, Jesse Tingle, David Watson
THINGS TO KNOW:
All players & sponsors must adhere to tournament rules & safety guidelines implemented by OCC and IIABSC.
Act responsibly i.e. bring your own hand sanitizer, gloves and/or mask, be respectful of others, and maintain proper social distance (6' or more)
Mandated Social Distancing guidelines must be adhered to in the parking lot, on the golf course and around all buildings. Please don't congregate as groups other than your foursome before, during, or after your rounds. Once your team concludes their 18holes, golfers are encouraged to depart.
- *2 golfers per cart*
- OCC restrooms will be open + cleaned regularly.
- OCC golf shop will be open (balls, gloves, hand sanitizer etc. available for purchase).
- Do not touch or remove flagsticks from the hole.
- Bunker Rakes have been removed. Prior to playing from a bunker, a player may lift the ball, smooth the sand with his / her hand, and replace the ball. After play, please smooth the sand with your foot or a golf club when leaving the bunker.
- Rain / Lightning - In the event that play is delayed by rain or lightning, OCC asks that players wait in their cars until conditions allow play to resume.
OCC does not permit ANY outside food or beverage or personal coolers on the course. Anyone who brings these items onto the course will be asked to return them to your vehicle. Food & beverage items can be purchased from OCC.
- Check-in no earlier than your assigned check-in time at the BLUE Trusted Choice tents at the front of the Clubhouse.
- If you are late or if a player is missing, we will have to skip your tee time and move you to the end OR you may have to start without them.
- Arrivals & tee times are scheduled in 15 min increments with teams starting on #1 and #10.
- Two Beverage Stations
(SPONSORED BY JOHNSON & JOHNSON, INC) will be set-up near the clubhouse for players to fill cart coolers. Each golfer is allotted up to 4 beers per golfer. OCC attendants will be gloved to safely hand out beverages and will track numbers per golfer. Beverage options are Beer, Gatorade, Soda or water.
** Each cart has a small cooler provided by OCC.
- Bagged Lunches
(SPONSORED BY PREFERRED SPECIALTY, LLC)
will be available for pick-up starting at 10am. Golfers can pick-up upon arrival or on the turn.
- Captains Choice – Maximum strokes per hole is PAR – NO Mulligans.
Tees: Men will play the BLACK; Women will play the RED; and Seniors 65 and older will play the GOLD.
- Rules: You may move the ball one club length but must not move the ball out of its current condition (if the ball is in the rough, it must stay in the rough) All other USGA rules will apply.
- Each team will track their own scores via scorecards provided by OCC and report scores in the pro shop on the turn and end of play. OCC will record scores online and IIABSC will announce winners via email after the tournament.
- Visa Gift Cards will be awarded to the first, second and third place teams with lowest net scores (prizes mailed to winners after the tournament).
- InsurPAC donors will be provided with their allotted number of red tees or putting string at check-in by a gloved IIABSC team member. Players with red tees may tee off from the ladies tee. Players with Putting String may use during play to improve a player's lie or void a stroke. At any point, a player may move the ball the length of the string or less, to any desired position. SEE BELOW- must make your donation NOW!
DONATE NOW TO INSURPAC TO BETTER YOUR SCORE PLUS A CHANCE TO WIN A $250 GIFT CARD!!
CLICK HERE TO DONATE
DONATIONS MUST BE MADE BY FRIDAY 6/26 at 12pm. We are unable to accept any forms onsite in an effort to reduce touch points for your safety.
Tournament staff will track donations to ensure proper amount of drawing entries and prepare red tees and putting string for pick-up at check-in.
$25 donation= ONE RED TEE & ONE PUTTING STRING
$50 donation= TWO RED TEES & TWO PUTTING STRING
$200 donation (TEAM PACKAGE)= EIGHT RED TEES & EIGHT PUTTING STRING. Takes care of yourself and all of your teammates!
Each $25 donation earns you an entry to win the $250 Visa Card; Contributions must be personal check or personal credit card
Hole Sponsors should check-in starting at 9:15am and must be set & ready by 10:00 am (scroll down for hole sponsor guidelines).
- Hole Sponsors will be assigned to set-up on various holes and tee boxes throughout the course.
ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE EMAILED TO EACH SPONSOR the week of 6/22.
- OCC will provide a table and two chairs for each sponsor. Sponsors are permitted to bring tents.
- Sponsors are permitted to hand out giveaways (gloves are encouraged) but
NO food or beverage.
- OCC requests that handing out of literature be avoided. The exchange of business cards is OK but sponsors must provide their own bowl or method for collecting.
If you are currently registered and not able to attend, please contact Alexa Stillwell at