PLAYER REGSITRATION- SOLD OUT!
*Sponsorships still available- see right column
Rescheduled to June 29, 2020
Orangeburg Country Club
2745 Griffith Dr. NW, Orangeburg, SC 29118
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
*Risk-free registration: In any case of cancellation on the part of the registrant (player or sponsor) or overall tournament registration, a full refund will be offered.
YA GOLF TOURNAMENT NOTICE:
As of today, we are still planning to host our YA golf tournament benefitting the YA Scholarship Fund with modifications and limited player spots in order to abide by social distancing guidelines. Tee times will be scheduled throughout the day and we will be following precautions to ensure a safe and healthy day on the course! Don't miss this chance to get outside, network with your team and stretch your legs!
We look forward to seeing your faces, BUT in order to do that, we ask you to do your part by adhering to and respecting the safety guidelines that OCC & IIABSC will be implementing (see YA Golf web page for updates). Please also note that OCC does not permit ANY outside food or beverage or personal coolers on the course. ANyone who brings these items onto the course will be asked to return them to your vehicle. Food & beverage items can be purchased from OCC.
Please note the status of the tournament and all the modifications below are subject to change and we will post all updates on this page.
TENTATIVE MODIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Golfers must register by June 19. Limit 50 players. We ask all players to register as a team (not individual) so that players can control who they are comfortable playing with.
- Each team will be assigned tee times with check-in staggered in 10-15 minute intervals (procedures to be shared in detail at a later time).
- Single rider cart rule in effect except anyone living in the same household.
- Mandated Social Distancing guidelines must be adhered to in the parking lot, on the golf course and around all buildings. Please don't congregate as groups other than your foursome before, during, or after your rounds.
- The OCC restrooms will be open for use in the clubhouse and on course cleaned on a regular basis.
- The OCC golf shop will be open for those who need balls, gloves, hand sanitizer or other items available for purchase.
- OCC currently enforces the single player per cart rule.
- Bunker rakes and ball washers have been removed from the course. Please smooth the bunkers with your feet or club.
- All flagsticks will be in the holes but PLEAE DO NOT TOUCH . OCC has placed a foam piece in the bottom for easy retrieval of balls.
- We encourage you to do what you feel is best for your own peace of mind, i.e. bring your own hand sanitizer, gloves or mask if you feel you want them while also refraining from touching others and maintaining proper distance.
- Our cookout lunch will be served boxed/individually on carts to maintain mandated social distancing orders and to reduce clusters/groups of golfers in any area.
- Hole Sponsors are permitted to set-up onsite following specific guidelines. There are 8 locations with access to restrooms or vehicle access. OCC will provide a table and chairs and sponsors are able to provide their own tent. Sponsors who wish to hand out giveaways should wear gloves and sanitize often. We ask that NO food or beverage be handed out by sponsors and preferred that NO paper/literature be handed out. Exchange of cards is OK, please provide you own bowl or other way to collect these items.
- We will be communicating with sponsors individually regarding their wishes to set-up onsite or not.
- Beverage Carts this year will be beverage stations set-up on the front and back nine. OCC attendants will be gloved to safely hand out beverages to players by request.
- **Each cart has a small cooler provided and will be filled with waters for each golfer**
- Scores will still be kept by each team and handed in at the end of the tournament. While we will NOT be having a post-tournament awards gathering due to social distancing guidelines, we will still award prizes and mail them to winners after the tournament.
- We still encourage players and sponsors to support INSURPAC through our annual tournament fundraiser and prize drawing. This year, forms must be completed and returned with payment information IN ADVANCE. More information on this below plus a fillable form to download, complete and return.
Notice Last Revised: 5/22/20
If you are currently registered and not able to attend, please contact Alexa Stillwell at email@example.com.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
9:00 am Hole Sponsor arrival & set-up begins (TBD)
9:30 am Player check-in begins via staggered assigned tee times starting on front and back nine.
LUNCH: Our sponsored cookout lunch will be modified based on OCC guidelines and served TO-GO/individually on carts to maintain mandated social distancing orders and to reduce clusters/groups of golfers in any area. A water bottle for each golfer will also be provided on carts.
BEVERAGE STATIONS: Two beverage stations with an assortment of beer, sports drinks, sodas, and waters will be available throughout the day with a gloved attendant handing out beverages.
FORMAT: Captains Choice – Each player will hit each shot and
the players will choose the best shot of the foursome until the ball is holed
out. Maximum strokes per
hole – Par (if you are hitting par, pick up your ball and move to next
PRIZES AWARDED TO: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams -low net score- will be publicized after the tournament and winners will receive prizes via mail.
Winner of contests: Closest to the pin and longest drive. (TBD)
INSURPAC PRIZE DRAWING:
INSURPAC is a vital part of our industry and we still strongly encourage your participation and support. Golfers can easiliy make an INSURPAC donation for the opportunity to win a $250 VISA giftcard (to be mailed to winner after the tournament/ minimum $25 donation).
PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR FORMS TO TURN IN ONSITE. INSURPAC FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE TOURNAMENT AND EMAILED OR MAILED WITH PAYMENT INFO TO IIABSC.
CLICK HERE TO PRE-FILL YOUR INSURPAC CONTRIBUTION FORM
· For each $25 donated, you will receive ONE entry to win .
· For each $50 donation you will receive THREE entries to win .
· For each $200 donation you will receive EIGHT entries to win . Those who contribute at this level can also indicate on their form if they would like to assign any of their eight drawing entries to teammates.*Contributions must be personal check or personal credit card
PUTT FOR CASH CONTEST: TBD
- All golfers will have the opportunity to putt for cash as each team makes the turn.
- Each player on a team will putt from 25ft.; the length of each players “miss" will be measured and the teams cumulative miss score will be recorded.
- The team with the lowest cumulative miss score will complete in the finals.
- FINALS: Each player from the qualifying team will putt individually from 50 ft. for the chance to win $2,500 EACH!
About the Scholarship Fund:
Proceeds benefit the IIABSC Young Agents Scholarship Fund
The Young Agents Scholarship Fund was created in 1993 to support educational leadership and networking opportunities for young agent members of IIABSC. Since it's inception, the Young Agents Committee has raised over $25,000 to provide CIC and CISR scholarships, general education classes, sponsorships for IIABSC young agents to attend the IIABA National Legislative Conference and financial assistance with Young Agents events and conferences.