Independent agencies & their employees
Please do not email credit card information.
To Apply: Complete and submit online new agency membership application form.
Membership in the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of South Carolina is open to insurance agencies that meet the following stipulations:
- Are actively engaged in the property and casualty insurance business
- Have one or more SC resident P/C licensed agents in their office
- Have the legal ability to represent more than one insurance company
- Operate solely on a commission basis as independent contractors of property and casualty insurance companies, maintaining separate offices
- Agency owns a majority of its policy expirations and/or renewal rights.
Membership applications are subject to approval by the IIABSC Board of Directors.
New member applications will not be considered without a full annual dues payment (dues schedule below, can be pro-rated). You can also make this payment online with Mastercard, Visa or American Express.
START-UP DISCOUNT: Start-up agencies can get a 50% dues discount for the first two years of membership. A start-up agency is defined as one that has opened its doors or started a property and casualty side within the past two years.