Dedicated to community service in South Carolina and to promoting a positive public image for members of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of South Carolina and the entire insurance industry. More than $600,000 contributed to programs supporting our purpose.
** PLEASE NOTE: The following web browsers should be used when making an online donation:
- Microsoft Edge
WHY we help
Since 1984, the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of South Carolina Foundation has provided support for charitable, educational, public safety and scientific endeavors that serve both the public and the insurance industry.
The Foundation has contributed over a half-million dollars to programs that improve safety, deter crime, provide insurance education or support charitable initiatives that meet our purpose.
The IIABSC Foundation has benefited from the generous contributions of individual agents and company executives, agencies, local associations, insurance companies, company foundations and individuals that support our purpose.
WHO we help
Since its inception, the IIABSC Foundation has supported dozens of educational, public safety and charitable endeavors. Some of the current recipients include:
Scholarships and Internships
The IIABSC Foundation has donated over $500,000 (a half million dollars) in scholarships, contributions, rewards and other support.
- Starting in 2017, the IIABSC Foundation offers an annual college scholarship program specifically for eligible children of IIABSC Agency Members. Five $1,000 Scholarships are awarded each year. Please see eligibility requirements on the IIABSC website. Scholarship Applications are due by December 31, 2019.
- It has provided support for SC Arson Hotline, Clemson 4-H, SC Safety Council, SC Fire Marshall and several other community service organizations.
- It has provided scholarships to students at the following schools:
- University of South Carolina Moore School of BusinessRisk andInsurance Program
- Clemson University Business School (Frank A. Thompson Scholarship and IIABSC Endowment)
- College of Charleston (Robert C. Heffron Scholarship)
- Appalachian State University
- UNC Charlotte
- It sponsors IIABSC Education Programs for agents professional and personal growth.
- Certified Insurance Counselor. It supports scholarships to the CIC Institute for agents pursuing the CIC designation.
- It supports IIABSC Young Agents participation in IIABA leadership events.
How YOU can help?
The primary support for the IIABSC Foundation comes through generous contributions from Big “I" members and supporters.
You can help continue the association's public service tradition by including a tax-deductible donation on your annual renewal form or donate online at any time.
A great way to honor or remember your industry colleagues is with a memorial or honorary donation to the Foundation.