Supporting charitable, educational, public safety and scientific endeavors
Dedicated to community service in South Carolina and to promoting a positive public image for members of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of South Carolina and the entire insurance industry. More than $500,000 contributed to programs supporting our purpose.
WHY we help…
Since 1984, the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of South Carolina Foundation has provided support for charitable, educational, public safety and scientific endeavors that serve both the public and the insurance industry.
The Foundation has contributed over a half-million dollars to programs that improve safety, deter crime, provide insurance education or support charitable initiatives that meet our purpose.
The IIABSC Foundation has benefited from the generous contributions of individual agents and company executives, agencies, local associations, insurance companies, company foundations and individuals that support our purpose.
WHO we help…
Since its inception, the IIABSC Foundation has supported dozens of educational, public safety and charitable endeavors. Some of the current recipients include:
Scholarships and Internships
University of South Carolina Moore School of Business—Risk and
Clemson University Business School (Frank A. Thompson Scholarship and IIABSC Endowment)
College of Charleston (Robert C. Heffron Scholarship)
Appalachian State University
IIABSC Education Programs
Sponsors insurance education programs for agents professional and personal growth.
Certified Insurance Counselor
Supports scholarships to the CIC Institute for agents pursuing the CIC designation.
IIABSC Young Agents
Supports Young Agent participation in IIABA leadership events.
How YOU can help…
All contributions to the IIABSC Foundation are tax-deductible. Personal and Corporate donations are accepted. Anyone can contributel—individuals, agencies or companies.
A memorial contribution is a great way to honor, remember and/or pay tribute to an industry colleague or loved one.
Contribute online using the link above or mail check payable to IIABSC Foundation to:
IIABSC Foundation, Inc.
800 Gracern Rd
Columbia, SC 29210
IIABSC Foundation Trustees
John T. (Tommy) Cook, CIC
L. Victor Jowers, Jr.
William C. (Bill) Thomas
Hilton Head Island
Andrew N. (Drew) Theodore
- Exclusively for students of IIABSC members.
- Scholarships are $1,000 per year per student
- Up to five scholarships awarded each year
- Scholarships are for one year (winners can re‐apply each year)
- Available to graduating high school seniors who are starting college in the same year of graduation as well as rising college sophomores, juniors and seniors.
Eligibility Guidelines (for 2019):
To be eligible for an IIABSC Foundation Member Scholarship students must:
- Be a South Carolina resident
- Have a parent who lives in South Carolina and works for an IIABSC member agency
- Be full‐time student at a four‐year college during the fall semester of 2019
- Be active in his or her school and community, demonstrate a solid work ethic and possess strong leadership abilities, good teamwork and a desire to succeed
- Explain in 250 words or less: “How would this scholarship help you?”
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, dean or professor
Application Guidelines (for 2019):
- Download, complete and return application along with written explanation (250 words or less - "how would this scholarship help you?") and written letter of recommendation from a teacher, dean or professor
- Send to: Megan Huebner; IIABSC Foundation; 800 Gracern Rd; Columbia, SC 29210.
- Application deadline: DECEMBER 31, 2018