While retail stores and big box companies struggle to compete with online shopping, direct selling is showing solid growth. According to the Direct Selling Association's latest Growth and Outlook Survey, the direct selling channel generated $35.4 billion in retail sales in 2018 — up 1.3 percent from 2017. And, the numbers are on the rise — led by companies like Monat, Stella and Dot, Cabi and Stampin Up – with more than 6 million part and full-time direct sellers in the U.S.
However, those direct sellers may not have the coverage they think. They may assume a traditional homeowners policy will cover them if, for example, their inventory is stolen or damaged — and that may not be the case. And they may not have even thought about coverage when they take their show on the road to someone else's home, a craft fair or trade show.
Educate direct sellers on how to protect their assets with an RLI Home Business Insurance policy. Our coverage caters their specific, unique needs with features including:
- Liability limits up to $1 million
- Satisfies most event or show liability requirements
- Business property protection up to $100,000 (with $250 deductible)
- Optional coverages include: money & securities, identity theft, jewelry and watches increased theft coverage
- Electronic data processing coverage (optional in CA & FL)
- Loss of income coverage
- Premiums starting as low as $150 annually
As more budding entrepreneurs discover the benefits of direct selling, the industry looks to grow in the years to come. Make sure they have the coverage that will protect what they've worked so hard for.
The RLI Home Business Insurance is available through selected agents and program administrators in all 50 states.