Insurbanc shares tips on safe video conferencing
October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
We are happy to participate in National Cybersecurity Awareness Month to help you and your members be mindful of areas in which we are all vulnerable for cyber-attacks. COVID-19 has opened up new doors in everyone’s workplace and personal lives for phishing schemes, identity theft and malware attacks.
- Create a unique password and ID number for each meeting.
- Keep conferencing software up-to-date.
- Be sure to choose a service with administrative tools needed to keep sessions secure, especially those offering multi-factor authentication.
- Use the waiting room feature to allow in invited attendees and lock the meeting once everyone has joined.
- DO NOT share conference links via social media posts!
- Be aware of everything that is on your screen(s) before sharing!
- Be aware of everything that is visible in your background!
- Do not accept video conferencing invitations you are not expecting or from unknown sources.