ACT security guide for agencies
Resources to help you protect your agency's data
The Agents Council for Technology (ACT) Security Issues Work Group has collected several resources all on one place to help you protect your agency against tomorrow's threats. Review their Security Issues Guide to understand risks, discover solutions and check out the wealth of resources available.
Summary pocket version also available for download.
View full version webpage (outline below)
- Mitigate Cyber Risk
- Protect Passwords
- Monitor Equipment in Real Time
- Use Application Service Provider (ASP) systems for security
- Stay on the right side of the law
- Mobile devices increase security exposures
- Educate & train staff
- Electronic communication laws & best practices
3. Document Retention
- Should it stay or should it go?
- Go paperless
- Protect confidential information
- Document destruction
- Database encryption
- Secure VoIP
- Secure remote access of agency systems