RLI Personal Umbrella Rate Change Approved in South Carolina
Effective April 1 for new business, June 1 for renewals
Effective April 1 for new business and June 1 for renewal business, RLI has received approval for a modest rate increase in most states, including South Carolina.
RLI will also introduce additional rating changes at this time, including:
- A 5% increase on excess uninsured and underinsured rates. For example, a household paying $150 per driver will now pay $158 per driver.
- An increase in the incident surcharge for drivers under 22 years old and over 80 years old from $100 per incident to $200 per incident. In addition, Question 14 on the new business application will be split into 14a and 14b in RLI's portal but will remain as a combined question on the paper application.
- For new business, removal of the $100 surcharge for households with a driver who has been licensed less than one year, has a permit or has an international license (Question 13). A response greater than zero will still place the risk in the personal umbrella policy special tier and restrict coverage to $1 million.
The updated rates will be available when quoting within the RLI portal
or the online Quick Quoter
Writing a RLI personal umbrella policy is simple using the RLI Online Portal!
- If you do not already have an RLI account, email Tracy Guyette at IIABSC for your login information.
- Go to www.rlipersonalumbrella.com and click "Producer Login" button. Enter login information.
- Complete and submit the online application. (You can also access online quoting tools from the online portal.)
- At the Signature Option, send a secure email to the insured to eSign and pay initial premium online.